Types of Insurance
First Fidelity offers a wide variety of personal insurance products to help give you a peace of mind that you are prepared no matter what circumstances you might incur in life.
What is Credit Life?
Payment Protection provides insurance that benefits the client, the bank, and the associate. Payent Protection was designed to guarantee that the insured loan obligation will be paid in the event the insured dies or becomes disabled. Credit Life (Payment Protection) is a voluntary purchase at loan origination.
Three types of coverage:
- Credit Disability (available independent of credit life), which pays a daily benefit towards the monthly loan payment if the customer is disabled and unable to work. After a defined waiting period, benefits are paid retroactive to the first day of disability
- Credit Life pays the outstanding loan balance upon the death of the insured*.
- Term Insurance
In the case of accidental death, an additional benefit payment goes to the beneficiary; the amount of the benefit is the full amount of the policy (original amount of the loan).
The primary borrower can have credit life & A&H without the secondary subscribing.
What is GAP?
- Guaranteed Auto Protection is not insurance. It is a Debt Cancellation Agreement.
- GAP is designed to eliminate the borrower’s unpaid loan balance in the event of a total loss or theft, whenever the insurance settlement fails to pay off the loan.
- The deficiency balance includes the borrower’s insurance deductible up to $500.
- Maximum limit of liability - $50,000
- Loans secured by multiple collateral are not eligible. Finance each vehicle on a separate loan and purchase GAP on each loan.
- GAP is a voluntary purchase at loan origination.
- Enables borrower to finance more than Loan to Value, especially when financing tag, title and tax, extended warranty, credit life.
- Greatly reduces or eliminates remaining loan balance after the insurance settlement in the event of a total loss or unrecovered theft.
- Increases borrower’s purchasing power on a replacement vehicle by eliminating a carryover balance. Breaks that cycle of being upside down.
- Eliminates a borrower’s “out of pocket” responsibility such as their deductible up to $500.
- Helps protect borrower’s credit rating. Many borrowers would not be willing to continue to make loan payments when they no longer have the vehicle to drive because it is totaled or stolen.
- Maximum benefit for minimum cost. GAP costs only a few dollars a month or only pennies per day.
- Added benefit for collateral that is prone to rapid depreciation, has high mileage, or does not hold its value for a multitude of other reasons.
What is Vehicle Service Contract (VSC)?
Through National Auto Care we offer top quality, affordable vehicle service protection
Solid Protection & Great Benefits-
Our Pinnacle Protection Plan offers top-level vehicle protection against costly repairs due to mechanical breakdown of manufacturer installed mechanical and electrical parts.
*Speak with one of our knowledgeable bankers to find out more information about VSC.
What is Term Life Insurance?
First Fidelity offers 15-year level term insurance as an alternative to Credit Life. The 15-year policy premium can be financed into the loan, but you keep the policy even after the loan and premium, is paid off. All policies are subject to approval, and policies with face amounts of $200,000 and over require underwriting approval before the premium can be collected.
Features and Benefits:
• Guaranteed coverage for 15 years as long as premiums are kept current. If, for example, a medical condition arises making it difficult for you to buy insurance, having the 15-year level term insurance already in place would allow you maintain insurance even though your health had changed
• On policies of $25,000 or more, you may increase the face amount of the policy using the same age as the original issue. The face amount can be increased one time during the first 10 years by a minimum of $25,000 and cannot exceed the original face amount.
• The policy holder’s beneficiary receives an asset rather than a liability
• The benefits are not taxable
•You have the peace of mind knowing that your financial obligation(s) are taken care of and your family is financially secure.
Visit our First Fidelity Financial Group website to see our full suite of available products.
|Not FDIC Insured||Not Bank Guaranteed||May Lose Value|
|Not Guaranteed by any Government Agency||Not a Bank Deposit|