A Financial Partner You Can Trust
As your business grows, your cash management needs change. That’s why First Fidelity offers Business Services to streamline your cash flow and create more efficient account management. We offer business services at every level, from basic depository services and Business Online Banking to Wholesale Lockboxes and Positive Pay.
For questions about our services and pricing, please contact us at 800-299-7047.
SmartPay Upgrade Resources
- Video Overview of SmartPay Business Interface
- Introduction to SmartPay Business
- SmartPay Business FAQ
- SmartPay Business Tips and Tricks
Enterprise Electronic Deposit (EED)
Scan and image your own checks right from your office with Enterprise Electronic Deposit (EED). Convenient and quick, EED lets you deposit business checks and money orders online.
- Improve efficiency and profitability
- Receive funds faster
- Eliminate trips to the bank
- Discover returned items quicker
- No need to purchase, install or maintain software or equipment
- Customizable deposit reports
- Searchable image archive
Business Online Banking (B.O.B.) Enhanced
B.O.B. Enhanced provides cash management services available in a module format for additional fees. Modules included ACH Origination, Wire Transfers and Positive Pay.
- 24-hour banking convenience
- Secure environment
- Export transactions to popular software
- Convenient, affordable electronic transactions
- Online Bill Payment Services
- BAI file format
- Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- Online wire transfers
With Positive Pay, we work with your company to detect check fraud by identifying items presented for payment that you did not issue. You simply transmit a file of issued check information to the bank each day. Then, we match the serial numbers and dollar amounts of checks presented for payment against the issue file and pay only those checks that match. Exceptions are conveyed to your company for disposition.
- Sophisticated and effective defense against check fraud
- Multiple layers of security
- Inexpensive compared to potential losses from fraud
- Allows management intervention on questionable checks
Automated Clearing House (ACH)
With ACH, you can initiate electronic debits (receivables) or credits (payables) with one-day availability. ACH is accessible through Business Online Banking.
- More efficient than paper processing
- Transmissions are encrypted for increased security
- Reduces expenses and improves convenience
- More reliable transactions
- Reduces processing costs
- Reduces reconciliation and cash application costs (ACH credit)
- Increases availability of funds (ACH debit)
Online Wire Origination
If your business sends frequent wires, Online Wire Origination offers a convenient and affordable way to initiate transfers through your Business Online Banking. Online Wire Origination comes with additional security features, including employing a secure token, utilizing a 4-digit PIN of your choice and offering an optional dual-control process. There is a monthly fee associated with this service.
Prevent unauthorized electronic debits from processing with ACH Blocker. This highly effective defense service assists in the monitoring of your accounts for fraudulent activities.
With Wholesale Lockbox you can receive, process, and deposit mail receipts and associated checks through one streamlined collections system. Early morning deposits maximize check clearings, while remittance data and check information are available for account receivable posting later that afternoon. If you utilize the data capture option, accounts receivable information is manually key-entered and reports are generated in paper format or transmitted electronically via data transmission or diskette.
- Improves cash flow position
- Decreases check clearing time
- Reduces clerical costs
- Improves internal control-separates receipts and posting functions
Account Analysis allows commercial clients to utilize all available balances across multiple accounts. Your commercial accounts are tied together and receive Earning Credit before calculating the service charges or applying fees.The Earnings Credit is applied to the monthly average collected balance and is used to offset fees for monthly maintenance, transactions, cash management and most additional banking services. The Earnings Credit rate is based on the bank's interest rate index.
Target Balance Account
A Target Balance Account (TBA) maintains a specified balance through an automated transfer between your company’s master account and sub accounts (i.e., general account, operating account, etc.). A TBA eliminates the need for monitoring and manually transferring funds from collection or to disbursements accounts.
- Provides maximum control over balances and funding
- Eliminates idle balances in non-interest bearing accounts
- Eliminates more costly funding methods (i.e., wire transfers, internal transfers)
*A TBA cannot be established for an Employee Benefit Account or like account.
Sweep Investment Accounts
A Sweep Investment Account is an investment service that transfers funds in excess of an agreed upon target collected balance into a variety of overnight investments. Required funds are swept back into your company’s demand deposit account as needed to cover daily disbursements. A prospectus will be provided so that details of this account can be evaluated.
- Improves control over cash flow
- Maintain liquidity while earning maximum rates
- Provides minimal risk at competitive rates
- Increases additional income
- Gain interest on otherwise idle funds
*The products offered are not FDIC insured. Products are not deposits, or other obligations, or guarantees of the bank, and are subject to investment risks, including the possible loss of principal amount invested.
Maximum Asset Management Account
A Maximum Asset Management Account functions as a sophisticated three-way sweep cash management product designed for commercial clients. Transfers between accounts are fully automated in order to optimize your cash flow. We will identify one demand deposit account as the "main" account, which acts as a "hub" through which all automated transfers will flow. We will then establish a target balance to be maintained in each account and the "incremental" account to be swept as automated transfers are made.
One or more "sub" demand deposit accounts may be tied to the main account, such as payroll accounts and individual store or department accounts. Sub accounts may be established with their own separate target balances and increments. Sub accounts may be used to allow a client to have individual store's or department's deposit accounts, in which all funds flow up to the main account. Alternatively, a sub account may be a payroll account in which the client does not make deposits, but draws all payroll checks on a separate account and then uses the main account to cover the payroll account only as the payroll checks clear.
- Minimizes your interest expense on a revolving line of credit
- Maximizes your income through investment in a mutual fund sweep account
PayExpress Payroll Cards
With PayExpress, you get instant access to your money without the hassle of dealing with checks.
- Immediate access to cash at any ATM
- Reduce payroll processing expenses
- No credit check required
Economical for employees
- Eliminate expensive check cashing fees
- Use as a debit card
- Make purchases anywhere Visa is accepted
- Account information available 24/7
- Free Customer Service - talk to a real person!
- Free account access at www.ffb.com
- Free telephone banking on Direct Line 24